How to Save Money on Your Colorado Ranch Wedding
You’re dreaming of the perfect outdoor, rustic Colorado ranch wedding, but when you crunch the numbers, everything is way over your budget. Don’t blow your savings for your dream wedding. Check out our top 5 tips on how to host the perfect wedding that won’t break your budget.
5 Money-Saving Tips for Your Colorado Ranch Wedding
- Think outside peak season. Summer is the most popular time of year for a wedding, and we get it. With beautiful weather and blue skies, summer is a great time to get married. However, out here in Colorado, milder weather in the plains means that your early October wedding will be just as hot and sunny as your cousin’s July wedding – but yours might be cheaper. Since summer is the most popular time of the year, it leaves you little flexibility for dates, and many venues charge more during peak wedding season. Going just a little outside of that time – early October or late April – can give you that summer wedding weather you want without the hefty price tag.
- Choose your venue wisely. Mountainside resorts in the western part of the state are certainly picturesque, and their many amenities make them popular for weddings, especially in the summer. Unfortunately, those amenities come with a big price tag. If it’s mountainside views you’re looking for, opt for a scenic wedding ranch near the mountains instead of a big resort. Even at the foothills of the Rockies, there is beautiful mountain scenery to make memories that will last a lifetime.
- DIY decorations. One of the most popular money-saving trends in weddings is to make your own centerpieces and decorations. What better way to truly put your own rustic spin on your Colorado ranch wedding than by making the décor yourself? We love Mason jars wrapped in burlap ribbon and filled with simple bouquets or thick, white candles perched on wood slices. If you’re not the most creative person, see if your venue offers decorating services – that way, you won’t end up buying 50 candles and 10 vases that you’ll never use again.
- Vendors matter. Choosing the right vendors for your food, music, and more can become one of the most overwhelming parts of planning a wedding. Before you start looking, set your budget and decide on what you want. You can narrow down your vendor search and save a lot of time if you know exactly what you’re looking for in a vendor. It’s also important to find a venue that will work with a variety of vendors so you’re not stuck with the one approved and very expensive caterer at the resort.
- Consider a previously worn wedding dress. Not every woman wants to keep her wedding dress tucked away in a storage box for the rest of her life – and that creates an opportunity for other brides to save money. It might seem odd to buy a dress that someone else already got married in, but think of it as passing on the good luck and memories of the last wedding onto yours. This is an especially great choice for cowgirl brides who aren’t very picky about the type of dress they wear. It might be a little unconventional, but it’s an easy way to save a lot of money.
Hosting the wedding of your dreams doesn’t have to cost a fortune. If you’re smart about selecting your date, venue, and vendors, you can find huge savings. You can trim down the cost even more by making your own decorations and buying a previously worn dress. When it comes to the rustic location you’re looking for, Ellis Ranch Event Center and Wedding Park is the venue for your Colorado ranch wedding. With two event spaces to choose from and all the gorgeous mountain scenery you could hope for, your wedding will be the envy of your friends. Contact us today to find out more information about available dates for your Colorado ranch wedding.
Tags: Colorado Ranch Wedding