Starting to plan your barn wedding in Colorado for this summer or early fall? Looking for an outdoor wedding venue? Look no further than Loveland’s Ellis Ranch Event Center and Wedding Park. While a barn wedding is rustic and romantic, the logistics can make it difficult. Instead, have your barn wedding at a fully-staffed wedding ranch with all the facilities you and your guests need. Check out our ideas below to complete your barn wedding theme.
The Ideas for Your Barn Wedding in Colorado
- Pallet crafts. Barn themes are all about repurposing everyday items you’d find around the farm. Pallets are a versatile item for your barn wedding. Stacked together, they make cute coffee tables for cocktail hour. They’re also great decoration when stacked on their sides. Write out the day’s schedule or the seating chart on a pallet. Painted and stained pallets make great backdrops, especially when you add flowers. The possibilities are endless.
- Giant Jenga & yard games. After the ceremony, you’ll be off taking pictures with your new spouse. Get the fun started for your guests with giant Jenga and yard games like cornhole and ladder golf. It’s a great way to keep everyone entertained if you have a lot of young guests or if you’re not planning on having a cocktail hour. The games can continue after dinner for those who need a break from dancing.
- Mason jars. Mason jars are practically synonymous with barn weddings. Like pallets, they’re versatile and easy to find. Use them as centerpieces with flowers and decorations as fairy lights. Another idea we love is to label each jar for your guests to use throughout the night as drinking glasses.
- Pops of color. You’ll have lots of natural hues from the wood and greenery at your barn wedding. Plan some pops of color to break things up. Colorful flowers are beautiful decorations – and they still fit the earthy vibe. Try to use your bridesmaid dresses in the color scheme – pretty pinks or relaxing blues are beautiful contrasts to browns and greens.
- Late-night bonfire. What would a barn wedding in Colorado be without a bonfire at the end of the night? It’s the perfect place for guests to gather while they take a dancing break. You can even save money on late-night snacks and instead have a s’mores station. Be sure to have a few blankets ready by the bonfire. Out in the mountains, even a hot summer day can turn into a cool night.
Don’t wait any longer. Book your barn wedding in Colorado today at Ellis Ranch Event Center and Wedding Park. We have everything you’re looking for – a rustic, remote location complete with two venues and all the facilities you need, including restrooms. Give us a call today to learn more about our offerings and secure your date.
You might also be interested in our blog: Outdoor Wedding in Colorado.