Getting married? Congratulations! You’re searching for the perfect Colorado Wedding Venue and you found this blog post. We’re very grateful you’re reading this. As you begin your search for the perfect place to get married in Colorado, there are many things to consider. We want to help save you some time – even if you don’t end up choosing Ellis Ranch Wedding and Event Center (that’s us!) as your Colorado Wedding Venue of choice.
Here are 10 things to consider or check out during your search for your Colorado Wedding Venue.
- Check it out online first. Visit their website. Is it mobile-friendly? That shows the venue cares about your website visitor experience.
- Does their website have enough photos that you can easily judge whether or not it would be the right place for you and your groom? For example, does it have photo galleries, filled with lots of photos showing the venue and showing past weddings?
- Photos are SO important. If the website does have photos, are there photos of actual weddings? If so, does everyone look like they’re having a great time? Yes? That’s a good sign!
- Another thing to keep in mind, as you search for your perfect Colorado Wedding Venue, is to (Roxie: please fill this in with a tip). Don’t just email for the price list, schedule an appointment for a private tour so the venue may explain what all is included.
- If you can’t easily find the answers to your questions on their website, does the Colorado Wedding Venue have FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)? Is their contact information easy to find on any page?
- Something super important: is there information regarding approved vendors (caterers, DJs, bartending, etc.)? Here at Ellis Ranch Wedding and Event Center, we carefully choose those folks who could provide important things for your wedding celebration.
- Another important thing to check out is to call the place you’re considering getting married in and schedule a tour. Pictures sometimes don’t do justice to the actual setting. You can get a feel for the venue – especially if it’s an outdoor wedding that you’re longing for – when you spend time there. The sights, sounds and smells of the Wedding Venue should all be considered before you decide to get married there.
- One of the most important things to find out is: does the venue allow outside catering or let the family do their own catering?
- Does the venue have (Roxie can you fill this in?) Easy access, relationships with the best wedding vendors, Proper zoning for hosting events, do they offer a Plan B for bad weather, does the venue require all vendors to be licensed, list could go on and on that is why it is best to visit the venue before hiring any vendor
Final tip:Don’t assume anything, getting everything in writing and ask a lot of questions.
After 53 years of weddings, receptions, and other events, at our Ellis Wedding Ranch, we are so grateful to provide the perfect Colorado Wedding Venue for building happy memories. Call us to schedule your tour.